Welcome to another installment of "Inspiration : The Blogger Edition", a series that will showcase, your inspirations, your style, and your fashion tips!
Today I'll be featuring a dear friend of mine, she is the amazing founder of :
She is the creative, intelligent, talented, and beautiful, curvy blogger;
1. What inspired your blog name?
I played with a few different blog names, but a lot of them were taken. I knew I wanted to play with the idea of being plus-size and fashionable, so because I don’t take particular offense to the word “Fat", I went with 'The Fationista'.
2. What inspired you to do a fashion blog?
A friend of mine was visiting me over the summer (She writes Model Monday’s for The Fationista) and we were getting ready for a night out on the town, digging through my closet, trying on clothes, shoes, and accessories and she suggested that I start a plus-size fashion blog. I honestly didn’t think anyone would read it or be interested in my point of view, but I gave it some thought and decided to go for it!
3. What are 3 things that you love about yourself?
My fun, laid back and outgoing personality, my desire to be honest and treat others with kindness and respect, and my smile.
4. What do you enjoy about fashion blogging?
What I can honestly say, I’ve enjoyed the most so far is a tie between having a creative outlet, that is separate and distinct from the goals I have in my professional life as an aspiring attorney, and the great people I have met and interacted with via interviews and other collaborations for "The Fationista".
5. What is the one accessory you could not live without?
That is such a hard question but if forced to answer I would say my glasses because I would not only be blind without them but they have also become a signature part of my look
6. Who is your favorite model and why?
Tyra Banks. She is not only excellent at what she does, but she is also not afraid of trying new things and even fail (remember her short lived singing career?). I admire this characteristic and try to live my life without fear of failing and with the understanding that with the right amount of effort, talent, and smarts anything is possible. Like my mom always says: “Nothing beats a failure but a try.”
7. Who is your style icon and why?
I would say a mix between Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, and Iman.
8. How would you describe your style?
Classically fashion forward. I love layers, simple silhouettes with pops of color, a hem that hits just above the knee, and a comfortable pump
9. Name your favorite places to shop for clothes & accessories.
That’s a hard question because I am most definitely a woman who likes to shop around. I might grab a dress from Bloomy’s, a purse from Aldo, some heels from Nine West, and some earrings from H&M. But if I could only shop at one store for the rest of my life, I would say Bloomingdales.
10. Share a fashion tip.
I don’t think there are too many iron-clad rules when it comes to fashion, it really depends on the person, but there are a few things that I live by :
1. Chipped nail polish looks tacky – either all on or all off.
2. When you buy clothes go by the fit not the size, no one knows if you’re an 18 or a 20 but everyone notices if your clothes are too tight or too big.
3. Make smart investments when it comes to fashion – buy timeless jewelry in lasting materials (sterling, gold, platinum), build your closet around classic silhouettes, and buy clothes that are made with care and out of quality materials.
Lastly, I think all women should know that they deserve to be loved as they are right now, today, and in this very moment! No one is more or less deserving of love if they lose 10 pounds. Mind over matter – it’s hard for someone else to like you, if you don’t love you!
Thank you so much Naza for taking part!
Go visit Naza's blog, for more of her insightful articles and amazing style!
If you are interested in taking part of my series, e-mail me at : email@example.com