Monday 20 February 2012

Miss British Curve Q&A!


You might recognise Kelsey Arif , as she was the winner of the Plus-Size-Tall/Evans model competition back in January 2011. Well Miss Arif is back and ready to conquer another competition, this time she's taking part in the 'Miss British Curve' pageant. With the pageant drawing closer, I decided to have a Q&A with Kelsey to pick her brain about being a finalist.


Q&A with Miss British Curve contestant Kelsey Arif :




1. Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone, my name is Kelsey; I am a plus size model and am here to share my excitement for the Miss British Beauty Curve pageant final happening on Saturday 25th February with you all.

2. Tell us more about the Miss British Curve pageant.

The pageant is for women size 14+ and aims to encourage young ladies and women of all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life to take part to show the world how amazingly diverse Great Britain truly is; and the final will be held at the Jury’s Inn in Croydon, London.

3. Why did you enter the Miss British Curve pageant?

Back in October 2011 on my quest to put myself into the industry I thought I’d try my hand at pageantry and decided to enter the Miss British Beauty Curve. I found out all about it through my Star Now account and as all I had to do was fill out a form and send off my pictures and experience, I thought why the hell not – I’ve got nothing to lose! I thought it would be wonderful way to celebrate being bigger and a new experience to try!

4. How did you feel when you found out you was a finalist?

Well after applying I waited and waited and never heard anything but I’ve learnt to deal with rejection so just carried on with life. After what felt like ages, I got an email saying after a thorough search and narrowing down the entrants, I had been chosen to represent Hertfordshire at the Miss British Beauty Curve finals! I was so excited (still am!!) and my first thought was now instead of introducing myself as Kelsey I can technically say I'm Miss Hertfordshire Curve which is pretty cool!

5. With the pageant drawing closer, how are you feeling? 

I am quite nervous as it's nothing I have ever done before and I might be up against some pro’s but I'm a fighter and will be giving it my all! I've seen a few pictures of other contestants and straight away the thought went through my mind, "am I going to be the biggest", but then I realised why the heck do I care? If I am, I've got even more of my bootylicious body to work on that runway!

6. Any final thoughts about the Miss British Curve pageant?

I'm very proud of myself for just being chosen and having the ability to represent my county and curvy women is fabulous! I love being British and even if I am above the average British women's size, I can't fit into Alexandra McQueen and have no experience in pageantry... it makes me want it even more and grab that Miss British Beauty Curve title!

Thank you for your time Kelsey and best of luck to you!

Follow Kelsey's journey at her FB page : Kelsey Plus Size Model

And for more information about the
Miss British Curve pageant
check out their website! :



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...