Thursday 4 November 2010

Inspiration : The Blogger Edition - Anika

Hello dolls! I hope everyone is having a fabulous day! :)

So I'm starting a feature series "Inspiration : The Blogger Edition", because I want the fashion industry to know about you! This series will showcase, your inspirations, your style, and your fashion tips!

So who better to start off with, than my dear friend and the amazing founder of Sweetfaced Style ?!

She is a Curvy lover, self-worth activistplayful, vulnerable, strong, and budding designer;

She is





1. What inspired your blog name?

When I first started my blog, I named it "Generous Style", 'generous' playing on both my size and my personality, but it didn't really feel right. I wanted something that was even more personal, more me, and when I learned that 'Anika' means 'sweet face' it clicked. I was shy about naming my blog "Sweetfaced Style" though, worrying that it might seem self-absorbed and conceited, but then I decided to trust that my readers would be able to see me and know that I am not a self-absorbed person. Too bad that I misspelled the name though LOL.


2. What inspired you to do a fashion blog?

It really seemed like the obvious choice because I am so passionate about fashion, and honestly feel that I have something to offer with my fashion. I have been playing around with my fashion for years, sewing my own clothes, and starting the blog just seemed like the next step. The blog is also about loving our selves just the way we are, sort of a self-esteem booster through a fashion blog.


3. What are 3 things that you love about yourself?

In terms of my personality they are: My sensitivity. My generosity. My sense of humour.


Physically my top 3 are: My eyes. My hourglass shape. The girls. LOL


4. What do you enjoy about fashion blogging?

Everything! I find it so inspiring, both enjoying other fashion blogs, and pushing the boundaries for my own fashion. I have blogged for ten months now, and I have learned so much and gotten even bolder with my fashion and self acceptance through blogging. It`s a blogging-blessing! :)


5. What is the one accessory you could not live without?

Do leopard-prints count? LOL. Right now it would be my grey watch that I love and think adds a touch of sporty-chic to my otherwise rather unpractical look. (I do have a sporty attitude though haha).






6. Who is your favorite model and why?

Can I get away with Nelson Mandela? I actually found this a hard question, I don`t really have take a great interest in fashion models, but after giving this some thought I would say the wonderful Sophie Dahl, especially in her curvier days. Beautiful!


7. Who is your style icon, and why?

My English grandmother Cynthia, hands down. This woman is all style, she is closer to 90 years old now, and still rocks her signature black and white fashion, short fabulous silvery hair, silver accessories and black cane to match. She wouldn't say so herself, but she is very elegant in a chic and unromantic way.

I remember Cynthia telling me about how she had struggled all her life to be even slimmer then she is, and how that had been such a waist when she could have spent her energy otherwise. That really stuck with me. So did the fact that for my 18th birthday she gave me the complete works of Jane Austen and a box of condoms. LOL.


As you understand, style and personality is very closely connected to me, be it Cynthia or anyone else who knows themselves and isn't afraid to show it.


8. How would you describe your style?

My style is very me. It is personal, it is one of the ways I express my self. I would call it bohemian romantic with a playful and edgy touch. Haha.


9. Name your favorite places to shop for clothes & accessories.

Ideally? By Malene Birger. I absolutely adore this Danish designer. The designs are so gorgeous and edgy, all prints, studs and sequins. Very inspiring!

Realistically? H&M! I always find current cuts and prints there, perfect starting points for me to make the clothes my own by reworking them. Also, the clothes are cheap but look really good when mixed right. I have to say that I only go to the straight-size sections though, sadly I don`t think the BIB line is exiting enough.


10. Share a fashion tip.

Know your shape!


It really is all about the shape, not size in terms of what suits us fashion wise. If I was 30 kilos lighter I would still wear the same shapes I do know. In fact, it was when this finally hit home with me that I decided to stop waiting and wanting to be thinand just get on with dressing up in colours and prints, finally having fun with my fashion! I don`t ever want to put my self down again for not finding clothes that don`t fit me, screw that. I am done shaming my self. Now I buy two dresses that don`t fit and make my own, and I bloody well wear white on bottom. Damn right!






Thank you so much Anika for taking part!
<3
Go visit Anika's blog, for more of her fabulous creations!




If you are interested in taking part of my series, e-mail me at : lacara91@gmail.com






10 comments:

Mode Plus said...

Great post !!!

ZAG said...

I follow Sweetfaced Style, and I enjoy reading her blog! Glad to see Anika featured here!! Wonderful post..

Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Thank you so very much sweetheart! I truly appreciate you featuring me, I loved answering your questions! I am so exited to read the following features, I love that you also are spreading the love. I love you very much my darling friend. big hugs from your "curvy lover" :) <3

Thank you so very much also to the lovely ladies who commented. I <3 you too!

Anika http://www.byanika.com said...

Hi again LaCara <3 I just read your list on my blog, and have to tell you that I love it, and you! You are completely beautiful, arms, cheeks and all. My ass is huge, but I am not ashamed of it any longer. We are lovely the way we are. And we love each other! That is what it really is about. Sleep tight hon. xxx Anika

L said...

Thank you ladies!

@ Nem - Thank you!! :D

@ The Notorious Zag - I couldn't agree with you more!

@ Anika - Thank you sweetie, you are beautiful to me too! I can't wait to talk to you! Take care! I love you! :)

@ Glamour Bbey - Thank you! I checked out your blog and followed!

<3

Shercole said...

Love this look!

She definitely has some awesome style.

T said...

Great feature - she is adorable!

GRIT AND GLAMOUR said...

I ADORE Anika!

And Anika...your grandmother...the birthday gifts. Hysterical!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour

Natasha said...

I love love LOVE your blog!!! And what a cute series of outfits...fabulous. I just started my own "curvy" fashion blog & will be coming here for inspiration!

Thanks girl :)

~Natasha
http://chiccurve.blogspot.com/

STYLISH SQUARE said...

Cool, plump woman also confident.Fashion Women's Clothing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...