Sunday 31 July 2011

Simply Be Lauch Event : Zandra Rhodes A/W Collection!



I had the amazing opportunity to attend the Zandra Rhodes launch event which showcased her A/W collection for Simply Be. The event took place at the swanky Paramount, with the most breath-taking views of London that I have ever seen! 


Me, Naomi, Lauren, Kat

When I arrived, the event was in full swing, everyone was chatting away, and having a good time. Meeting the competition winners, was a real treat! All of the gorgeous ladies were wearing Zandra's collection, and they looked absolutely amazing! I was also able to catch up with some of my fellow bloggers, Naomi, Lauren, and Kat. I also got to meet Rivkie Baum, the editor in chief of SLiNK magazine.

The Simply Be team and Chase PR are so lovely, and made me feel welcomed right away! Meeting Zandra Rhodes was surreal, she is after all a fashion icon! She was brilliant, she was rocking her electric pink bob, bright pink chiffon tunic (from the collection), sparkly flares, and the most flamboyant red platforms ever made! She is quite the character, but she's also very down to earth and mingled with everyone!

When I first saw the collection on Simply Be's preview site, I was unsure and didn't think it would work for me. However, after seeing the collection in person on a variety of curvy figures (including myself), I was pleasantly surprised and I actually like all of the pieces! I tried on the peacock feather jacket, which was a size 20 and to my surprise it actually fit (it was kind of snug in my arms, but other than that I was quite comfortable in it)! So the collection is very generously sized and flattering for the curvier figure, I'll definitely be purchasing the peacock feather jacket, when the collection is released.







Competition Winners : Bobby, Kate, Louise, Janie


           Jo and the lovely Charlotte from Simply Be,
            rocking the same top and looking fabulous!!



           Back row : Kate, Janie, Louise, Bobby, Emma, Lisa
        Front row : Jo, Toria


 All of us!

Overall, I had a brilliant time, it was lovely to meet everyone who attended, especially the Simply Be team since they're based in Manchester! I hope Simply Be will host another event in London, because the launch event was a great experience.


Simply Be did an amazing write up about the event, so check it out! :


 

Bonus Pics!!

        Gorgeous view of London!









2 comments:

Wait Until The Sunset said...

ooohh! some of those tunics are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love your dress! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...