Tuesday 5 October 2010

Jean Paul Gaultier, I adore you....

It remains to be seen, whether Jean Paul Gaultier used Beth Ditto and plus-models Crystal Renn & Marquita Pring as gimmicks or as true diversity, that the fashion industry desperately needs...


But nonetheless, I'm happy to see Beth Ditto strut her stuff on the runway, she is someone I can relate to, because I am her size, so gimmicks or not Jean Paul Gaultier gets thumbs up from me.


"Is 'fat' really the worst thing a human being can be? Is 'fat' worse than being 'vindictive', 'jealous', shallow, 'vain', 'boring' or 'cruel'? Not to me." - J.K. Rowling

Marquita Pring looking fierce


“ Weight isn’t important the way the magazines make you think it is. I know a girl who just looks at her face in the medicine cabinet mirror & never looks below her shoulders, and she’s four or five hundred pounds but she doesn’t see all that, she just sees a beautiful face & therefore she thinks she’s a beauty. And therefore I think she’s a beauty too, because I usually accept people on the basis of their self-images, because their self-images have more to do with the way they think than their objective-images do. Maybe she’s six hundred pounds, who knows. If she doesn’t care, I don’t.

-  Andy Warhol

5 comments:

cherry vidal said...

beth ditto rocks! great post! i say if people dont like my extra ripples of love then DON'T LOOK!

ChelseaDoll said...

I adore Beth Ditto and her sense of fashion. She's fabulous! So glad to see Jean Paul Gaultier use her on the runway.

http://www.iwantdress.co.uk

Gemma D said...

Love the new layout! Ooh lala indeed ;) beth ditto, fab as always xx

Niviarsiaq said...

love this!! that quote from Andy Warhol is amazing- it's the truth! If a woman feels beautiful whe will always look better than anyone who feels self-concious about their shape. A girl who is stick thin and model tall could look way worse than a girl who is confident and a size 14. love your posts lady!!

Shercole said...

Love the look on Marquita

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...