Myths of Fat People :
1. “Fat people are lazy and slow” - False. This is not true, just because some is fat does not make them lazy or slow. You can’t make that assumption based on weight, and last time I looked there wasn’t a weight criteria to be considered lazy or slow, it’s down to the individual.
2. “Fat people are always hungry” - False. This is not true, who doesn’t get hungry? Again you can’t make this assumption based on someone’s appearance or weight, I know a lot of people who are always hungry and they’re skinny! Again it comes down to the individual.
3. “Fat people are unhappy being fat” - False. This is not true, many fat people are comfortable with who they are and what they look like, they’re unhappy about how society regards fat people. I suggest looking up the “Fat Acceptance Movement”. Also body image and self-image are two different things. You can have a healthy self-image (how you perceive yourself to be) whether or not you are happy about your body.
4. “Fat people can’t find love” - False. Again since when does finding love have a weight criteria? This is simply not true, and quite ignorant. Anyone can find love, love is not defined by weight.
5. “Fat people do not have any dress sense” - FALSE! All I have to say is take a look at the blog links I have, and tell me you don’t think these women know how to dress.
6. “Fat people are unhygienic” - False, this definitely doesn’t have a weight criteria, stinky/funky/nasty etc. come in ALL shapes and sizes.
7. “Fat people are stupid” - FALSE! I pride myself on knowledge and intelligence, and I’m fat. This has no truth or proof what so ever.
8. “Fat people are unattractive” - False, attraction is based on the individual. As the saying goes “another man’s trash is another man’s treasure”. (I am not calling fat people trash, it’s just a saying!)
I think I’ve debunked most of the myths, if you have anymore please comment and let me know.
So tell me, how do you feel about these myths, do they even affect you? Drop me a comment, and let me know!