Wednesday 12 May 2010

Letting Go of it all.....

Letting go of the past and hurtful memories is essential to move forward. I was inspired to write this post, because of someone whom I was very close too.

I had met him last year and I didn’t expect anything to happen between us, amazingly we grew quite close and formed a special bond. At that time I also had a “friend” who was trying with all her might to put me off of him, I couldn’t understand it, then it hit me she had feelings for him. If she’d have told me, I would’ve backed off because I thought she was my “friend” she turned out to be the opposite.

We had a petty argument, and she stopped talking to me, and I was fine with that. However I didn’t know how spiteful she could be, she started spreading malicious rumours about me, and unfortunately people started taking sides, there was no need to take sides, but that was their childish mentality. That whole time she dissed me behind my back, I never said a bad word against her. I had nothing to say, nor did I have anything to prove.

As far as I was concerned she no longer existed in my world. The people who I thought were genuine turned out to be fake, and followers. The person who I thought wouldn’t follow the crowd did, he proved he was another mindless follower instead of the leader I thought he was. I was extremely hurt, I truly loved him and apart of me always will. I gave so much of myself, and received little in return from him.

It’s been a year, and I’ve stopped all contact with him and everyone else who got involved. It has a taken a long dark year to get over him, he was my very first love after all. And every time I used to think about school last year, those painful flashbacks would come back and remind of the pain I had felt. I held on to that pain, not because I wanted to feel bad, but because that was all I had left of him. I’ve realised that it wasn’t me who was unworthy, it was him. In order for me to move on, and to embrace the right things for me, I have to let it go, all of it. I can’t hold on to this anymore, its not helping me, and most importantly it is in the past. So I’m letting it go, because I am worthy of so much more than I was given by him. I’m ready to let it go.

 So ladies, if you are holding on to any pain, regret, bad memories; let it go. It’s in the past, we can’t change it, we can’t rewind time, the only thing we can do is move forward and think more carefully about the choices we make. When we let go of the past, we make way for the bright future, and those “memories” don’t have a hold on us anymore.


God Bless,
LaCara
<33

4 comments:

Bethamint said...

I think that's a very mature and healthy way of looking at bad memories, and I totally agree. It feels way better to just let go of feelings like that...

L said...

Thank you :) and it definitely feels better too...<3

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all you've gone through. As for me...I'm definately "kicking (that ex-friend of yours ) her out of the girls "clubhouse" Her BFF card is revoked forever.
~Heart~
elise
A Strong Woman
is one who feels deeply
and loves fiercely.
Her tears flow
just as abundantly
as her laughter.
A strong woman
is both soft and powerful
She is both
practical and spiritual.
A strong woman
in her essence
is a gift to all the world.
Lacara, you are a strong woman.

L said...

Thank you so much Elise! That is so sweet! Bless you <33

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...